I am proud of my track record of delivering targeted solutions that address the unique needs of each client, meeting them where they are in terms of their business lifecycle and people strategies.
I have been told by many clients that I am a dynamic, fun and highly approachable leader that brings passion and professionalism to my work.
I am dedicated to connecting cultures that ignite people with both personal & professional purpose. I have been a trusted advisor to the C-suite as well as to first level managers. I work to inspire cultures that are engaging for all employees.
Andrea is a highly versatile HR Business Partner and Consultant with decades of global senior level corporate and consulting experience.
Her experience includes working with startups, business closures and leading organizations through transformation at all points in-between.
She has also worked with numerous countries, across a variety of industries, navigated small to large sized organizations, and lead simple to complex projects (including acquisitions, closures and joint-ventures) during her career.
Andrea's previous work experience includes senior level HR roles in global organizations:
Sabra Dipping Company (PepsiCo Joint Venture) – Global Head of HR for Obela Brand
CBV Collections – Human Resources Director (Head of HR)
Shoppers Drug Mart – Corporate Human Resources Manager
Master Precision Inc. – Human Resources Manager
Gap Inc Canada– HR Lead and Senior Employee Relations Specialist
Magna International– Corporate Employee Relations Specialist
St. Michael's Hospital – Training & Development Specialist
- Successfully influenced, designed, led & executed extensive cultural transformation resulting in a 5% increase in Employee Engagement Survey Results during the first year after five years of prior decline, and reduced corporate hotline calls by approximately 50% minimizing 3rd party union organization risk.
- As key “People Advisor” to Global Executive Team, developed & executed global HR strategy (and established infrastructure) for PepsiCo brand expansion.
- Developed and led global (and country-level) talent acquisition programs for expansion ensuring full alignment with deeply-rooted organizational culture. Positioned organization for stronger ability to attract and retain the “right” people for the right “seats” to support growth strategy and capability needs.
- Developed and executed HR strategy for global acquisition (including post-integration engagement plan and restructuring) with no disruption to customers, consumers and without legal exposure.
- Designed Global Total Rewards Program positioning organization for stronger ability to attract and retain talent. (Included compensation, benefits and incentive bonuses – short & long-term.
- Lead engagement strategies to 16 senior leadership teams across USA and Canada resulting in increased Employee Engagement/Satisfaction metrics and avoidance of 3rd party union representation.
- Designed and facilitated global on-boarding program (pre-boarding/on-boarding/after-care). Led the acquisition of global teams (search partnerships/agreements, job ads, sourcing, interviews, candidate assessments, selection tools, pre-screens, reference-checking, drafting offer letters).
- Designed and implemented talent and integration plans for global acquisitions to ensure smooth transition and cultural alignment.
- As key “culture champion” for organization, designed and executed global talent and engagement strategy with strong emphasis on the success of the engagement, development and retention of new talent.
- Led Annual Global Talent Review process (as input into global succession plan), in partnership with parent and sister companies, identifying and recommending talent gap solutions (current and future-state) to meet the growing needs of the business.
- Actively contributed to launch of $90 million facility for Gap Inc. in Canadian market resulting in the most successful launch in the company’s history.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Andrea has a post-graduate diploma in Human Resource management from Sheridan College in Canada and is a certified executive coach in the Intelligent Leadership coaching method.
Andrea is also a certified facilitator of the Lumina Learning global behavioral assessment tool.
Being a Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL), she is also an active member of both the Society of Human Resources Management (SHRM) and the Human Resources Professional Association (Canada).