Take a moment to review the positions we are actively recruiting for. We are continually searching for talented individuals on behalf of our clients. We have a variety of open career opportunities throughout the year.
We are equally committed to find the best talent on behalf of our clients, and finding dream jobs for our candidates.
If you are interested, please send an email with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Posted: 5 May, 2017
Location: Metro NYC Area
Compliance Director & Assistant General Counsel
Established, leading global CPG company is searching for a new Compliance Director and Assistant General Counsel to join its dynamic corporate team.
Through a solid foundation, innovations, purposeful acquisitions and internal growth, this global leader has embedded an engaging and highly inclusive culture and very targeted brand and product portfolio across numerous geographies.
Joining thousands of other talented team members across the world, you will contribute to a strong global purpose and exciting global business as it continues to evolve and reinvent itself over time.
You will perform a wide variety of activities and serve as the main point of contact on a broad range of compliance and legal/risk management matters in a highly agile and collaborative environment.
You will become heavily concentrated in areas including (but not limited to): assisting General Counsel in corporate compliance (including data integrity/privacy) and administering trademarks and licensing, acquisitions, joint-ventures, negotiating and advising brokers/distributors, supply chain and manufacturing operations and services globally.
This position also ensures that all company leaders (including Board of Directors) and team members comply with the rules and regulations of applicable regulatory agencies, that company policies and procedures are being followed and that company behavior meets ethical standards (including code of conduct) and other policies.
What you will be doing:
- Acting as an independent review and evaluation “body” to ensure that compliance issues/concerns within the company are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
- Monitoring and, as necessary, directing compliance activities of other departments to remain current on the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends.
- Identifying potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; developing/executing corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues and providing general guidance on how to avoid or manage similar situations in the future.
- Ensuring proper reporting of violations or potential violations to authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate and/or required.
- Establishing and providing direction and management of the compliance reporting system.
- Developing and overseeing an effective compliance communication program for the company, including promoting (a) use of the compliance reporting system, (b) heightened awareness of company ethical standards and code of conduct, (c) understanding of new and existing compliance issues and related policies and procedures.
- Partnering extensively with Human Resources team members (and others as appropriate) to develop an effective compliance training program, including introductory training for new team members as well as ongoing training for all existing leaders and team members.
- Providing compliance advice to global teams.
- Preparing and delivering compliance progress/efforts reports.
- Developing, initiating, maintaining and revising policies and procedures for the compliance program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
- Collaborating with other departments (e.g., Legal, Procurement, Finance, Sales, Internal Audit, Human Resources, etc.) to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution.
- Responding to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, ethical standards and code of conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures. Developing and overseeing an effective and consistent system for addressing such violations.
Assistant General Counsel activities:
- Providing legal advice to global and domestic teams regarding day-to-day legal and strategic matters.
- Administering and protecting corporation’s trademarks.
- Structuring, drafting, editing and negotiating broker, distribution, 3rd party logistics, supply chain, operations, services, licensing and related agreements.
- Partnering closely with and reporting to senior General Counsel on other areas of support required including: Human Resources and other applicable regulatory matters.
- Preparing standardized reports to identify progress made across various business units.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s and Law degree. Active member in good standing (at least 1 state Bar).
- 8-10 years’ experience as a compliance professional, including demonstrated leadership.
- 5-10 years’ legal experience with complex commercial and/or corporate transactions, preferably including broker/distributor, 3rd Party Logistics, supply chain, manufacturing operations, services arrangements and advice.
- Experience working for a consumer packaged goods/products business and related knowledge of applicable industry regulations (preferred).
- Familiarity with operational, financial, quality assurance and human resource procedures and regulations is a must.
- Global experience, including experience working across time zones and in different legal systems.
- In-House Corporate Legal/Compliance experience preferred (or experience from top law firm).
- Intermediate-advanced level systems knowledge including: Word, Excel, Powerpoint and other relevant software/tools.
- Strong sense of project ownership and relationship-building to find creative solutions to challenging problems.
- Positive, results-focused, sense of humor and enjoy being a highly collaborative team player.
- Strong agility and preference for working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- High-energy, strong initiator with a demonstrated passion and commitment to company purpose and objectives.
- Successful track record in effectively partnering across functional teams to meet targets, while delivering high-performance results.
- Ability to develop high levels of credibility and nurture solid and positive professional relationships with all team members (specifically colleagues and senior leaders).
- Strong written and spoken communication skills and interpersonal skills. Ability to present compelling and concise evidence to support positions.
- Adaptable and quick to learn and provide intellectual challenge to ideas.
- Flexible, creative, organized and effective decision-maker.
Lucrative total compensation package including competitive base salary, generous annual incentive bonus potential, 401k and comprehensive benefits. Strong contributing member of the global team.
Contact us today about this exciting opportunity by sending your resume to email@example.com